Update for Nexus One: 3G fix, multitouch in stock apps
This update also includes Google Googles and updated Maps app:
- Starred items synchronized with maps.google.com – access your favorite places from your phone or computer
- Search suggestions from your personal maps.google.com history – makes it easy to search for places you’ve searched for before
- Night mode in Google Maps Navigation – automatically changes your screen at night for easier viewing and driving
Want this update right now? Here’s a method for devices with LOCKED bootloader:
- Make sure you have enough battery.
- Download update file: here or here.
- Rename the file to update.zip
- Copy the update.zip file onto your SD card.
- Turn off the phone, then power on while holding down the trackball.
- In the next screen, select ‘Recovery’.
- After phone reboot, you should see an exclamation point inside a triangle.
- Press the Power button and Volume Up button at the same time.
- Select “Apply sdcard:update.zip” with trackball.
Via Android Forums
This update also available for unlocked phones in CyanogenMod 5.0.