New changes in Android Market
Android developers are now required to upload a hi-res application icon (512×512 px) when publishing an application.
Also, the following additional fields are now available:
- Promotional Video (YouTube URL)
- Feature Graphic (1024×500 px)
Judging by the graphics resolution, these assets will be used in a long awaited web-based Android Market.
Update: a confirmation message from Android Market support team:
Finally, we are adding support for larger promotional graphics to showcase your application. In addition to the currently required app screenshot, you will be required to upload one “feature” graphic. Supported promotional assets will now include:
- A “feature” graphic, landscape aspect ratio, 1024 x 500 (required).
- A high-res icon, 512 x 512 (required).. The Android icon design guidelines located at http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/icon_design.html apply.
- 2 screen shots, 320w x 480h, 480w x 854h, or 480w x 800h, increasing to 8 screen shots in the future (1 required).
- A link for a promotional video hosted on YouTube (optional).